March 23, 2017

Weekend escapade to Geneva

Known both as the "smallest of big cities", or the "city of peace", Geneva, lies at the southern tip of expansive Lac Léman. Surrounded by the Alps and Jura mountains, the city has views of dramatic Mont Blanc. Headquarters of Europe’s United Nations and the Red Cross, it’s a global hub for diplomacy and banking.

To me it was home for nearly a decade. It is where I started my career, where I realised for the first time that there were many other Swiss TCK just like me, it is where I met the love of my life and where we got married!

It is nice to return once in a while to see some things never change.


Good ol' Jet d'Eau with the Taxi boat crossing the lake


Bains de Paquis were many a weekend's suntanning session was spent.
I won't mention the quantities of Dole Blanche consumed!


The expansive Lake of Geneva



Spot the Swiss touch. A clock is never far away. 



My favourite teatime treats



A romantic lakeside dinner


 Even some funky pink night scene can be found nowadays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...