January 6, 2015

2014 vs 2015

A year has passed and a new year has begun. It is time to take a moment to look back on 2014 and appreciate the good things, people, places and experiences I have enjoyed. I have many things to be thankful for and can look back on with appreciation.

I will not let 2014 slip away without placing a memory marker into the good things and savouring the great times. But why not turn my New Year’s resolutions into new behaviours and ultimately into habits and achievements?

I am no big believer of New Year's resolutions. They are easily made but rarely kept as the year passes by. Nevertheless, I have decided to be more patient with my kids and husband this coming year and to keep up my exercise of running, yoga and core workout.

I will NOT give up my habit of eating chocolate after every meal and will enjoy biscuits and cake with my afternoon tea. I will continue to travel the world and challenge my husband and push my kids to do their best. I will be less bossy even though this will be a difficult feat living in Paris and I will try to slow my pace despite the pushy French.

Question is: will these become achievements or have they already become habits?

My biggest wish this year, however, will be to take the time to make a book out of my Expat with Kids blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...