October 10, 2013

Madame, La Présidente!

The choice was either the Ralph Lauren Gala evening or Caran d'Ache's launch of a new aquarelle pencil in Paris' oldest art shop.

I had my priorities straight. How could I resist going back in my footsteps to the company which had offered me my first job over twenty years ago? Yes, my friends say I am a loyal person. I took my stylish hubby by the hand and off we went to Quai Voltaire to support Madame, LA Présidente of Caran d'Ache.


The little rickety art shop - opened in 1887 by owner Gustave Sennelier - is the ultimate eye candy for somebody who loves colours like myself. Monsieur Sennelier created original colours for "neighborhood artists" whom included Cézanne, Picasso, Van Gogh, and Gaugin. Who knows, maybe some of the artists attending last night's event might become as famous?

Certainly Patrice Baffou who gave us a demo on Caran d'Ache's Museum watercolor pencils had a remarkable portfolio to show.


I take great pleasure in seeing how this family business is blooming in the traditional Swiss manner: "Klein, aber fein" (small but excellent). Holding up against the global trend of bigger, faster, cheaper, Caran d'Ache has kept its "Made in Switzerland" quality and standards. Madame, LA Présidente has brought a breath of fresh air to the PR & marketing strategy and decades of effort and dedication by the entire company staff has kept the little engine that could going strong.

BRAVO! My heart and voice will always be a strong advocate of Caran d'Ache's values, philosophy and products!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...